Ever since my success with the Kale, Avocado and Cheese Omelette Strips, I’ve been all about the strip/finger food format for my toddler. Olivia can feed herself, which she prefers, and these make no mess – which is great because her favorite thing to do lately is fling her food off of her highchair tray while happily yelling “all gone!” So, here I go again, with another simple breakfast recipe. Admittedly, I had NEVER (gasp!) made french toast prior to this, so I was really excited when I discovered how easy it was to cook it in strips. You guys are probably way ahead of me, but in case you haven’t already done this, here’s the recipe:
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ tablespoon coconut oil
- Cut crusts off of bread slices (you can save/freeze them to make croutons)
- Cut each slice into four strips
- Beat egg, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl
- Soak strips in egg mixture
- Heat coconut oil on skillet
- Place strips in skillet and cook through on both sides (careful, these are easy to burn!)
- Serve with honey, jam, fresh fruit or maple syrup.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but we will automatically receive a small commission that goes straight into Olivia's piggybank. All product opinions are our own, and we do our research to only recommend the best!