This recipe is so basic, but I was so proud of myself for inventing it. Who are we kidding, I’m pretty sure I’m not the first to make an omelette and cut it into strips BUT I still had to share this healthy, no-mess toddler breakfast recipe idea with you. Eggs provide the protein, kale is an awesome super-food packed with all sorts of great vitamins and nutrients, and there’s cheese for the dairy. Not to mention the healthy fat from the avocado! Olivia can’t get enough of this, and always finishes the entire thing!
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- a handful of kale, roughly chopped
- ⅙ avocado, small cubes
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Crack egg into a bowl and whisk with a fork
- Add milk and continue to whisk
- Stir in kale and cheese, making sure that they're completely soaked in the egg mixture
- Gently stir in avocado
- Place coconut oil in a small non-stick frying pan, and set heat to medium low
- Place omelette mixture in pan and spread evenly
- After the bottom has cooked, run a silicone spatula around the edges, and fold in half.
- Flip omelette and continue on low heat until cooked through
- Cut into strips, and let cool for a few minutes before serving
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but we will automatically receive a small commission that goes straight into Olivia's piggybank. All product opinions are our own, and we do our research to only recommend the best!