Oh my gosh, guys! I’m FINALLY caught up on our weekly blog posts after a month of craziness at work. It feels amazing. One thing that became abundantly clear as I was uploading the photos for the posts – O needs more Lately Lily shirts! Apparently, all we do is rotate her through the same three throughout the week. Since she’s so tall, they’re the only ones that seem long enough for her. All of her other 2T shirts are almost like belly shirts!
This week, Olivia:
- Said, “Sometimes people have a bicycle” and “Remember Elmo?” I can’t handle her random /cute / funny observations.
- Distributes toys/food and says, “One for mommy, one for daddy, one for Livy.”
- Says, “Open the door!” when she wakes up in the morning.
- Finally stopped being scared of Play-Doh (and actually enjoys playing with it!!) after I got her this Minnie Mouse Play-Doh Set. It took a couple of weeks of me showing her how I could roll it into a ball and singing a special song to get her comfortable with it.
- Loves catching bubbles, but insists on holding the bottle and trying to make them herself, which has resulted in many spilled bottles on the patio :/
- Gave me two Duplo pieces she couldn’t take apart and said, “Want to help me, please?” followed by, “With Legos” after I asked her how I could help.
- Picked up a couple of habits from school (I think). She started wiping her runny nose on her shirt, which I’m wondering if someone taught her or if she observed another kid doing it. She also says “mine”quite a bit when she’s playing with her toys. Not in an aggressive way, just more as a matter-of-fact statement.