Another week, more changes as we try to get settled! We moved into a new house this week, and O started daycare here. When Mike and I dropped her off, she started playing and didn’t even glance back at us – I think she was just so happy to be back at school! Unfortunately, she picked up a bug immediately and developed a really bad ear infection. We went to the new pediatrician (what isn’t new these days?!), and Olivia actually let her look in her ears. This one clearly has a magic touch!
The highlight of our weekend was being reunited with our besties, who moved here last August. Olivia and Olive had so much fun splashing in the pool, and eating sushi and ice cream!
This week, Olivia:
- Put her hand in a ziploc bag and said, “Look! It’s a hand baggie!!”
- Calls the wind chime outside “birdie music”
- Said, “doctor took out Livy’s earwax” when Mike got home from work. It’s so incredible to me how her memory has evolved to the point where she’s able to recount events that took place earlier in the day.
- Throws mini tantrums when it’s time to get dressed. I’ve found that if I can quickly distract her, it’s almost as though a switch flips and she’s instantly in a good mood again. Ahh, toddlerhood!
- Likes to water the plants.