Big changes this week!! Olivia started daycare, and although I was pretty nervous, she wound up making the transition like a champ! Hubby and I dropped her off on her first day, and she sat at the table with the other kids (after first attempting to sit at an empty table – we have to work on those social skills) and ate breakfast. When I picked her up, I found her dancing! She even napped on her Yo Gabba Gabba Nap Mat, which I was totally convinced she wouldn’t do. So, Week 1 of daycare was a success! I had so many favorite moments, but seeing O’s face when I picked her up every day was my favorite by far.
Also, this week, Olivia:
- Asked to go to school to play with kids when she woke up in the morning.
- Started biting her nails?! Or chewing on her fingers, I can’t tell yet.
- Went to the doctor for her cough and despite the lollipop she got, was so miserable during the exam. She kept saying, “All done, go see big red ball” That just tells you how often we go to Target.
- Started throwing things when she’s frustrated and tired.
- Threw her first official tantrum after her bath one evening and didn’t want to get dressed at all. She finally calmed down after about ten minutes.
- Loves to look through my Pop Art book, which I gave her after seeing how much she loved this one.
- Is probably so tired from daycare (although they tell me she naps pretty well there) that she doesn’t want to read any books and asks us to put her straight in bed at bedtime.
Incoming search terms:
- olivia 83